In all aspects of life

In all aspects of life

Friday, May 7, 2010

Bible

I enjoy reading the scriptures. The words just seem so alive, almost like they are jumping off the page at you. It all makes so much sense. When I read the words I like to just think about what it means. Oh how God must love us to give us these great words. And any attempt I make at trying to explain them or what they might mean only detracts from the power that is already placed in them. The words explain themselves. Its so easy to tell that the Bible is "living & active" when I read it. The Bible just brings clarity. It brings perspective. It provides a right focus. It's so easy to become "I" focused instead of being "Him" focused. When I take a second to draw back, and look at life and what is really important life becomes so much more simplified. I like the fact that I don't know what all the scriptures mean, and that I never will. I like that God is much bigger than I can comprehend. Yet at the same time, so personable, so caring, so patient. I like that I don't see the BIG picture all the time. And, I like to know that the big picture doesn't revolve around me. It revolves around bringing God glory, that HIS name is praised. I like resting in the fact that God is good, and no matter what he does, it is good. Even if my feeble mind cannot understand it, or see how it would be that way. If it comes from God, its good. If God does it, it is good.

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.

My God is indescribable.  My favorite part of this whole video is that after nearly three minutes of describing God he says how he wishes he could describe him. My God is immense. He's much bigger than I can fathom, much greater, and much worthier than words can describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment