In all aspects of life

In all aspects of life

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Priority: God

Sometimes I hear events happening in other peoples lives and wonder how they can be so ridiculous as to let these things happen. I wonder how they can be so naive and wasteful. Or so incompetent. I heard about some people the other night that made me say that to myself. Now I sit here and wonder, what is it that I do that makes people say that? Honestly, I feel I have a well balanced life. Maybe a little on the busy side at times. I get out enough, and I rest enough. I eat well most of the time, and exercise. I spend time with my wife, and I spend time with friends, and sometimes I spend time alone. I read my Bible and pray. I am involved in some things, but not over committed. There is always things that can be tweaked, but mostly, I think I am doing well.

Matthew 6:33 "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Maybe you aren't feeling balanced. Maybe life is out of whack. Spend more time in the Word. Seek God. Seek the things that God seeks. Prioritize God. Turn of the TV. Turn off the cell phone. Turn off the video games. Tell your husband/wife/family that you will talk to them after you spend time with God. You see, we can worry all we want. But when we fix our eyes on Christ, the things of this world grow dim. It might seem like a big task to sell your house, pay your bills, have peace in the family, love your spouse, etc... but not when you put God where he belongs. He goes first, family is second. He goes first, hobbies are second. He goes first, exercise goes second. Put God first and you won't have to worry about your 401k, your monthly bills, food, etc...because Christ will give you what you need.

Yes you need to pay bills, you need to spend time with your family/spouse/friends, you need a hobby, you need to exercise. Those are not bad things. But when God is your first priority the rest fall into place.

Who, or what is your priority? Video games? Exercise? Cell phone? TV? Make God your priority and your life will have peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment