In all aspects of life

In all aspects of life

Monday, January 17, 2011

Plan of action

I've decided to eat carrots and pea pods with the occasional power bar until I reach my goal. I've been having too many 'little treats' here and there, or a meal here and there that I shouldn't. I need to be a little more strict with myself, at least for a while. A week or two should get me pretty close. Maybe I'll through in some spinach leafs too.

It's kind of nice and re-assuring to know that God is bigger than me and his plan is greater than I am. It's nice to know that HE knows where and what I'll be doing, and when. At times I've felt like I have 'missed' God. Not gone where I should have, not listened when I should have, or something along those lines. And maybe some of that is true. But God knows. If we miss something He has for us, He doesn't give up on our future. I feel that God has prepared me for this time. The military is not known to be a place where Christians dominate the discussion, but rather the place where Christians fail to step up to the plate. I don't want that to happen. For the past two and a half months I have been preparing myself physically, and will continue to do so up until the day I leave for training. But, I got to thinking last week that I need to start preparing my soul as well. If I had done nothing to physically prepare myself, I would most certainly fail. The same goes spiritually. If I don't prepare myself, I will fail. I need to be in the word, praying, fasting, etc..preparing myself to stand up for Christianity. What that means, time will only tell. Maybe it's listening to someone, not doing what other people do...etc..who knows. But I do know that God has prepared me for what is next. Through all the good and bad times in my life, through the people who have mentored me and the leadership practice I have had, I am ready.

1 comment: