In all aspects of life

In all aspects of life

Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm in.

Well, after a long wait lots of paperwork and more waiting I am finally a part of the US Air Force. Allyson and I are very excited for the adventures that lie ahead. Next ahead for us is more waiting. (suprise suprise) I will be lined up with a job sometime and then I will be given a departure date. I'm guessing sometime around September-October, however it could always be sooner or later. I would imagine that October would be a nice time to be in San Antonio. The current forecast looks a little to warm to be doing drills.

I have already been scoping out military discounts. Some of which I am pretty excited about. Like free pizza at papa murphys. Wherever we end up, I hope there is one close by.

Next thing on the list that would be nice to have out of the way is the house. It would be good to not have to think about it anymore. I believe that the Lord has called us into the Air Force, and so I believe he will work things out for us. Which is sort of what I have been studying about.

Abraham is the only person in the Bible referenced as a 'friend of God'. King David was a man after Gods heart, but that doesn't mean they were friends. If I met someone who loved football, and golfing, and grilling brats I would consider that a person after my own heart. However, we could have conflicting personalities. And I think Davids personality kept him from being a friend of God. Abraham was obedient to Gods call on his life. He left his family, friends, and wealth and started the adventure God called him on. He believed God when he was told he would have a child in his old age. When I read Abraham's story it seems to me that his every response is 'yes Lord'. He doesn't get in to asking about all the details(not every time anyway). He is just faithful and believes that the Lord will take care of him as he is obedient to what the Lord tells him to do. And I think that is what makes him a friend of God. And that's what I want to be as well. I want to follow the Lords plan for my life and believe He will take care of me no matter what I am doing and where I am going. Even if the road seems tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment